Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A sad day...

Today, I found out that one wonderful person died. Mama Peace. Elaine was an awesome woman, who was strong in her faith. It made me want to be more like her. She had cancer and has been battling it for years. But these past few months hasn't been too good. Before I left for England, I was determain to write something just for her. I wasn't able to see her before I left...so I figured that if I'd write something it would be ok.

I had this chorus in my head for awhile:
Because of you
I stand on solid ground
Because of you
I can climb a moutian
Because of you
I can do all things
You believed in me
You helped me
You see me for who I am
It's because of you


After that I couldn't put words together for the verses. Until Sunday night after VBS I figured it out.
I have the rest of it up on a later date, but the words of the song is finished but the chords aren't where they should be. Until I'm ready to sing (and post the rest of) it for her, even though she's not here with us on earth...Mama Peace will never leave my heart. Thank you, Mama Peace. Love you always.

No comments: